Do you identify as Lesbian, Bisexual, Gay, Trans*/Transgender, Intersex, Asexual, Pansexual, Polysexual, 2 Spirit, Agender, Gender Queer or anywhere else in the Queer spectrum? Have a story you’d like to share? Take a moment to let us know!
Feel free to send your full story/article in the submission box for a faster approval process. If you’re still trying to figure out what you want to write about, we’re here to chat!
Not comfortable with your name being attached to your story? No worries! We can also accept anonymous submissions/submissions using an alias. (Please make this clear in the “how do you want to be credited” section!)
- The more in-depth your submission is the better!
- We usually recommend a minimum of 300 words, however, this is not a hard rule.
- When titling your piece please do not name it something generic such as “Coming Out” or “My Story” as this provides no further insight to what the piece is about. If you’re having trouble naming your piece try to choose one of the most important lines of your piece and use it as the title. Titles should be very specific to your piece and we should know exactly what we are going to read from the title (ex. “I have a hard time saying I’m bi, but not for the reason you’d think…”)
- We do not accept any pieces that are meant to promote a product, brand, etc.
- If your pitched title has been used before or does not fit your piece we will ask you for another one, however, we reserve all rights to change the title to something more suitable.
- We cannot accept articles that contain too many swear words, are considered pornographic/overly graphic, or are phobic to members of our community.
*Please note: We can only accept submissions that have not been posted on the web prior to Our Queer Stories. (This includes personal blogs, but does not include print publications.) If you are looking to promote your book, crowdfunding campaign, website, brand, or a YouTube video/channel please contact us here instead.